Friday, May 3, 2013

Love. Hate? Hero...

How do you feel about lying? 

Is it right or wrong? A lot of people think that it's okay to do if you're trying to do something good. 

I will admit that I don't really know, one way or the other. I don't want to cause un- needed pain, so sometimes I pretend to like things that I don't like, or pretend to be friends with people I can't stand- because I don't want to hurt anyone. 

But sometimes, I wonder- which is the more cruel way to be? If I told the truth, who would really be the one that is the most hurt? Would it be me? Do I just want everyone to like me, and so I, just do and say what I think would get me that result? 

Or do I really care about everyone? 

To tell the truth, I don't really care about everyone. I do choose the path of least resistance, because it'll hurt me less. 

If I was a good person, I think I would put everything out in the open, and then move on from there. But being who I am, I would rather hold on to someone I hate, if it keeps me close to the ones I love than risk loosing them, just to get free.

What do you think? Selfish, kindness or just overthinking things?

1 comment:

  1. The question is whether you can afford to offend. Those we keep in our lives are can take us away from the people who really matter. The key is finding out whom are those people.

    ReplyDelete